Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Super Easy S'More Bars {Recipe}

Time for another recipe! Today it's s'more bars I found via Pinterest (of course...) I was looking for a recipe that had graham crackers since I had SO many leftover from my bonfire I had a few weeks ago. These are from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch

I modified these a bit so I could use what I had (and added some peanut butter because I am a chocolate-peanut butter freak!) MMMMM these don't disappoint. I'm finding that more of my friends have been visiting my room ever since I made these...I'm slowly starting to think it's not because they want to visit me, but want to eat these s'more bars!

S'more Bars

2 sleeves Graham Crackers Crushed Into Medium/Small Crumbs
2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
3 cups Mini Marshmallows
2 cups Chocolate Chips (Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate)
2 sticks Butter, Melted (1 cup) (I would only use 1 1/2 sticks of butter...2 was too much)
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Sea Salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9"x13" pan with butter. For easiest removal line buttered pan with parchment paper and butter parchment paper.

                      

          

In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips.


         

In a small bowl combine melted butter, vanilla and sea salt.

                                    
Drizzle butter mixture over graham cracker/marshmallows while stirring. Mix until well combined.

                         

(I melted about 3-4 T of peanut butter and drizzled it over the top before I put it in the oven...if you're a chocolate-peanut butter lover, you gotta try!)

Pour S'mores mixture into greased pan and bake for 16-18 minutes until marshmallows are puffy and just barely brown.
Allow S'mores Cookie Bars to cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.



               

These are definitely a keep in my recipe book! Gooey, chocolatey, and just plain delicious! Happy Tuesday, friends! 
{Katie}

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh these look too good! Feel free to send some my way ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS