Tuesday, November 5, 2013

{Almost} Famous Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I thought it was about time for another recipe, so today I'm sharing my {Almost} famous buffalo chicken pizza recipe! It's mouth-watering good, people, let me tell you.  If you like spicy, chicken, and pizza this is the recipe for you.  

My mom and I one evening awhile ago were craving something spicy, and had left over shredded chicken to use up, so thank goodness for Pinterest to help us out with our craving! We compiled these recipes together and this is what we came up with:


Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Crust: <- via food.com
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (may substitute whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose)
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
cornmeal, for sprinkling
Directions:
1. Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
2. Sprinkle yeast on top.
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
4. Pour into a large bowl.
5. Add flour, salt, olive oil.
6. Combine.
7. Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
8. Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
9. Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
10. Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
12. Place on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
13. Try to make it thicker around the edge (creating a crust).
15. Then spread with buffalo sauce, shredded chicken (about 2 cooked chicken breasts), and mozzarella cheese.
16. Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.

Buffalo Sauce: <- via about.com food
8 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (Frank's is the brand used in Buffalo)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off.

Now, I know what you're thinking.. "I'm just going to buy a pizza crust instead of make it." NO! Don't do it! This is the best pizza crust I've ever tasted in my life.  It's better than restaurant pizza crust.  It has that crisp and crunch, but its soft at the same time.  Also, this pizza is awesome dipped in ranch because, let's be honest, what isn't? Friends of mine that I've made have willingly tried it, have loved it! It's a hit, promise! :) Enjoy!


Take a looksie at my Pinterest board for recipes I've made (that I've found via Pinterest) if you're looking for some new recipes to try! (Button on side bar)

#30thankfuldays is happening on the daily on instagram. (button on side bar as well) Follow along if you'd like :) 
Happy Tuesday, friends!
{Katie}

1 comment:

  1. my mouth is currently watering! this looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS