Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Calling All Teachers!

I am not in an elementary classroom this semester, but I am in an early childhood classroom.  I'm with 3-5 year olds and let me tell you they are SO DARN CUTE. The things they tell me and what comes out of their mouth, sometimes I'm just like whaaat? It's too great.

I taught them an aesthetic (art) lesson today on fall trees.  This is a wonderful activity to do with children as young as 3-5, but can be manipulated for older children!

Here's how I did this activity:

The kids draw the tree trunks on a sheet of paint paper.  Take watercolor paint (brown preferably...but today my kids were into making rainbow colored trees!) and an eye dropper and put a few drops of paint horizontally coming from the tree trunk.  The children will take a straw and blow the paint dots to create the branches! Then, when the paint is wet, the kids can crinkle different colored tissue paper and stick them on as leaves.  They turn out SO cute! The picture is an example of mine that I did to show the kids.


Each of these turn out so different from one another- perfect fall time activity!


Getting closer to the weekend, friends! Yay!

{Katie}

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I am in an intro to early childhood class right now and one of our assignments is to create an activity plan for an infant/toddler classroom and its been so fun to play around with different ideas like this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that's great! I'm taking a class like that, too and next semester I'll be student teaching for early childhood. I need all the ideas I can get! If you have one you like, feel free to shoot me an email- I love getting more ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS