Monday, June 9, 2014

Recipe {Norma's Brownies}



Hi lovelies!
For those that know me know I love chocolate.  Like really love chocolate.  These brownies are right up my alley: definitely rich, chocolatey, and moist.  The frosting is solid but it instantly melts in your mouth once you take a bite.  We just made these brownies yesterday and they're already gone.  Either my family are a bunch of pigs or these brownies are really good.  It's probably a little bit of both. :)  

I got this recipe from, who my grandpa refers to, as his lady friend.  She has recently passed away but she always made my brother and I these brownies.  I think one reason I like cooking and baking so much is because I get to re-create recipes from family members and people close to me.  It allows me to be able to carry on the memories of that person.

To make these very chocolatey brownies, start by making your favorite brownie recipe (don't tell anyone but I just buy boxed brownies).  Let the brownies cool and make the frosting as follows:

Melt in a saucepan:
1/3 c butter
1/3 c milk
1 c sugar
Once sugar is melted add 6 oz chocolate chips and stir till melted. Pour over brownies while frosting is hot.

That's all there is to it! Easy, right? These taste so good it's hard to believe there's not more to it.  


These are definitely my go-to sweets recipe. Now, go on and try them!
{Katie}

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS