Monday, September 23, 2013

This Week at Church {Grace}

Hello loves!



You know those times at church where the message just speaks to you and you leave feeling so humbled? Not that I don't feel those ways every other time, but you know what I mean.  Today I got that feeling!

Today's message was all about {grace}.

Now, I'm sure we've all heard about the grace God gives us, but what does it really mean to have been given grace?

Let me give you a little background about myself before I dive in here.. I grew up going to a Lutheran church and they always pushed, "well you can receive grace if you (fill in the blank)." Or, "you can receive grace but you also have to (fill in the blank)." A lot of times I left church feeling guilty or unworthy of grace because I didn't read my bible every day or I missed going to church some Sundays.

As we walked through Galatians 1, verses 6-7 really hit home.

6-"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel 7- which is really no gospel at all.  Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ."
If we have to do other things in order to receive grace that's not really receiving grace.  We are just "perverting the gospel of Christ."
 God didn't give us stipulations when he gave us grace- he just gave it! What a great God we have that no matter how many times we screw up he loves us just the same.

"If his grace is an ocean we're all sinking"
I want to encourage you all, as my pastor encouraged us today, to "sink in God's grace".

And- I'll leave you with this little tune :)


{Katie}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS